Wednesday, July 14, 2010

1 Year of Us!

So yay for us!!!! Alex and I had our 1 yr anniversary on the 11th. BUT... since that was on a Sunday we went out on Saturday night. We went to a restaurant called Ruth's Chris in Salt Lake. The first time we went was a year ago on our honeymoon in San Diego. It's soooo delicious and pretty fancy smancy. Let's just say our dinner for two went well over $100. But it's only once a year, plus we won't be able to do this once kids come around, so what the hey?! =)

PS, We both forgot our cameras so all we had to take pictures with was Alex's iphone. Hence the quality of these photos.


They put cute rose petels on our table.


And a cute little anniversary card.


Here is our yummy sides. I guess we both love potatoes. =)


Alex's stuffed chicken.


My super fantastic New York Strip.


Our free dessert! They lit the candle on the side of the plate and had us both make a wish and blow it out at the same time. That little cup had chocolate mouse in it with whip cream on top. It was all DELICIOUS!


Then the next day was our actual anniversary. Alex got me these beautiful roses. Alex said the one pink rose means perfect happiness? Or maybe it was happiness forever? I don't remember, he did the research though. They smelled the whole house up. Sooooo yummy.


I made Alex this t-shirt. The front says, "Bestest Husband Ever".

And the back says, "1 Year of Awesomeness." It's not the best, but if you know me, I'm not the most artistic person ever. So this turned out awesome for me. lol

I also got him this little Betta fishy. He has been wanting a fish so I thought it would be a cute little random gift. He named him Flynn.

Theeeeeen, I made the two of us matching cereal bowls. Once again, not the most artistic person ever, but these came out GREAT compared to stuff I've done in the past. Lol. I think I made Alex's way cooler than mine tho. I was so proud of those hand made smiley faces. =)

Later on Sunday evening, we went on a little picnic. We were gonna go up in the canyon somewhere, but we got lost... and confused... and ended up in a cute park in Fruit Heights. It was nice tho, cuz even tho people were at the park we found this little secluded area where we were out of sight ; ). It was great.


Alex and his crazy creation of a sandwich. He loooooves ranch and seriously finds ways to put it on everything. Gotta love him!

Oh yummy fattening Ruffles.

When we got home we took our carefully wrapped cake topper out of the freezer. It looked just as cute as the day it was made. It was wrapped in plastic wrap 3 times then in foil twice and kept in the deep freezer. So..... it was pretty much still perfect.

I'm not gonna lie.... I started to cry when we finally unwrapped the cake. It just made everything seem so... real? Idk... it just brought back memories of our wedding day more than pictures ever have before. Just because it was something physical from the day I got sealed to my eternal companion. Our wedding wasn't the fanciest or the most elaborate wedding ever, and my bridesmaids dresses might have turned out COMPLETELY wrong and... different (sorry S.A.M), but it was the sweetest and happiest day of my life. Alex was there and he became my eternal sweetheart and thats alllll that really mattered.

Anyways... I love you, Alex Aaron Nishijima forever and ever. I can't wait to make babies with you and try to be the best wife and see what this next year of our marriage will bring. Muah!!

7 comments:

Crissybug said...

Ruth Chris is yummy!! Looks like you guys had a great anniversary. Pretty soon you will be looking back, and 10 years will have passed!!!

Your cake looks so cute! The question is...how did it taste after being tucked away for the past year???

Alex & Malisa said...

It actually wasn't bad! We only took one bite each, but not because it tasted bad, just cuz... Well I really don't know why. lol

Wendi and Matt said...

awww cute!

Shandi and James said...

That is so cute! You guys are adorable! Yay for 1 year!

Marquita said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary (again)! I'm glad you two had such a great time.

Mckenzi and Matthew said...

You guys are so cute seriously:) This post almost made me cry for you! Haha there is something so special about physical evidence from the day you got married. People always say its a blurry day (which is true!) but it is so profound too! And so special:) Im so happy you guys got to party right on such a special anniversary!! Congrats!

The Busy Browns said...

hey cute, we went on a picnic a month or so ago. sooo cute. I loved it. had the checkered blanket and basket. so fun. yay!