Friday, June 21, 2013

SVT

So most (if not all) of you know I have a little heart problem and had a cardiac ablation when I was 19.  I take heart medication twice a day and blah blah blah, I'm fine.  Anyways, I was just reading up on SVT the other day and literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD at what I read... 

To treat sudden episodes of SVT, your doctor may:
·         *Prescribe a medicine to take when the SVT occurs.
·         *Show you how you can slow your heart rate on your own. You may be able to do this by coughing, gagging, or putting your face in ice-cold water. These are called vagal maneuvers.

...because yes, I'm going to stick my face in a freezing bowl of water. I actually had to go back and reread it because it sounded so stupid.  I mean, really?!  Who does that?!  Could you imagine walking into a room and there's Malisa face down in a bowl of water.  I think I'd rather deal with the SVT, thanks. LOL.

Here's a picture from when I had the surgery.  Just because I think blog posts without pictures are boring.  


Have a good weekend everyone (all 4 people who read this) and happy first day of summer!

2 comments:

Maranda Whittle said...

Yah right...I never told u this, but when I was down there last, I spied on u and saw u sticking your head in ice cold water!!! LOL!!!!

Oh dearly beloved, my brother's pictures are the best!

Marquita said...

Maranda, that's funny, I caught her doing that when I was there too. Malisa, next time don't stick your face in water, I'd be happy to gag you! COL