Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stadium of Fire 2011

So on Saturday the 2nd, Alex and I went to Provo for the Stadium of Fire. We went last year when Carrie Underwood was performing, but this year BRAD PAISLEY was the main attraction. And if any of you know Alex, you'd know that Brad is Alex's man crush. So of course we had to go. ;)


Here's me and Alex waiting for a good parking spot Ü. Ps, I look hot and sweaty basically cuz I WAS hot and sweaty. We had to park and wait in a loooong line cuz the parking lot didn't open their gates till 5 pm so we waited with the car off. It. Was. Hot. But not Arizona hot. If we were in AZ we wouldn't have even been able to sit in an un-started car AT ALL. Anyways...



Once we parked and got inside the gates, Alex of course HAD to buy a Brad Paisley shirt. They had a super cute shirt that I wanted too but I sacrificed and let Alex have one instead. There was NO way I was gonna spend $70 on just 2 shirts.

So after the t-shirt extravaganza, the show started (I basically just skipped like 2 hours. lol)

They had the normal parachuters...

*side note- this poor guy totally biffed the landing and took out a cameraman. it was awesome and sad at the same time. lol

...and dancers....
...and speeches.... that i didn't bother to photograph.

Then the opening act was David Archuleta. I have to admit I only knew 1 of the songs he performed, but it was still awesome. He has an amazing voice and he's just so jolly. lol



THEN it happened. Brad Paisley.



I may or may not have got teary eyed when he walked out on the stage. Don't judge me. I swear ever since I got married I cry sooo easily. Excitement of the whole night + being all warm and fuzzy inside from being so patriotic & American-ish + seeing Alex's cute childish grin when he saw Brad come on stage= teary eyes. It was basically a happiness overload. Then to make it even worse I happen to look a few rows behind us and a couple may or may not have been laughing at me. Ok, they definitely were. And I don't mean giggling lightly. No, I mean hard core about to pee their britches laughing. I felt completely retarded. Seriously. I tried to play it cool and just turn around. That pretty much kept me from crying the rest of the night. Fear of being laughed at again. Ps, I didn't tell Alex I had cried until a couple days later. I was ashamed? lol


I was hoping he'd sing our wedding song "Then" but he didn't. I was kinda not ok about that but I forgave him. Plus, I probably would have bawled my eyes out. And I don't think I would have been able to hide that from Alex and the laughing couple behind us. So I'm kinda thankful he didn't. Ü


He was pretty much amazing.



Then it ended with some amazingly beautiful fireworks. Seriously, they were the best I've ever seen. I'm not posting any pictures tho, cuz I'm pretty sure ya'll know what fireworks look like. Ü


After the show we had about an hour and 20 minutes drive home. Not the best when you're dead tired, but we made it. I LOVE going to the Stadium of Fire. This year was only my 2nd year, but I hope we're able to go lots more. It's soooo worth it.


Ps, Quote of that night:
"Well, Brad, you made my dreams come true." -Alex

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the video of the parachuter screw the landing!! hahahah What a great date night! :) Where is the pic of Alex's shirt??

Marquita said...

So, I keep LOL and Rosy finally said to me, "Stop doing that!"

And P.S.
I may or may not have peed my pants when I read the quote of the night.

My quote of the day:
"Well, Alex you made my pants become wet!"

Wendi and Matt said...

Cool!! I went oh 7 years about of so. I loved it!!! It was awesome! :) Jealous!!!

Maranda Whittle said...

I didn't know it was a whole show thingy extravaganza, I thought it was just a concert. How neato!

Oh alex, I'm so glad you're dreams came true!

Kori said...

I LOVE Brad Paisley!! Looks like you had fun- I am jealous!