Saturday, November 12, 2011

"A Wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all around!"

10 points to the first one who can name the movie. If you don't know what movie then I like you a little less than I use to. Just kidding.

One week ago today was my brother, Jimmie's, wedding here in Salt Lake. As some of you might know, this was my brother's second marriage due to some gayness before. But as the saying goes, "first the worst, second the best." (Of course not in all cases, but for sure in his case.) He DEFINITELY married up this time. And for those of you who know who he was married to before, I'm sorry. Not sorry about what I said, but sorry that you know her. Burn, I know. I'll stop (speaking the truth) being mean now.

Anyways... The wedding was amazingly perfect and beautiful. We had my whoooole family staying at our house. Yes, all 5 of my siblings & spouses, their kids, my parents, and my gramma. So including Alex and me there were 11 adults and 7 kids (all under the age of 8), and one dog. Let just say we had a lot of air-mattresses and blankets. lol. But it was awesome. It snowed the night before the wedding and the kids loved it. They were so excited. Even Jimmie, at like 10pm, decided it would be fun to go run and slide on his stomach through the snow in the front yard. Luckily he didn't run into any dog poo. Actually, that might have been funny. Oh well.

I didn't take any pictures myself, so these ones that I stole from my aunt will have to do. Enjoy!

PS, the quality of these pictures are a bit iffy but they look somewhat better if you click on them to enlarge them. Ps again, I realized in these pictures I look super tired. It's probably because my niece slept between Alex and I the previous 2 nights and she kicks. A lot. I had about a 1 1/2ft of bed for myself. lol



The beautiful bride and groom. I love my new sister in law. =)


Walking to the reception.

Being their awesome selves?


This is just us siblings and parents with the bride and groom. Ps, we're not all huddling together because we're cold... the photographer told us to squish in and act like we like each other. lol


Now, us with our spouses and kids and gramma. =)


I don't like my face in this one but here's me and my sisters.

Last but not least, me and my eternal companion. My sister had to take this picture like 3 or 4 times because Alex kept closing his dang eyes. They are even still small in this one. He said the flash was bright. Wahh wahhh... lol =)

Ps, Jimmie and Jill left the reception in a carriage to take them to their hotel. Alex and I left OUR reception in our bridesmaid decorated jeep and went to sonic cuz we were starving. lol. Yes yes. We're all so cool.

Have an awesome rest of the weekend!! Ü

4 comments:

Marquita said...

Oh my gosh... it was so much fun. I want to do it all over again. Seriously... I loved every bit of it, and the snow just made it all even better. And dang, my face always looks extra round and fat in pictures.

I miss you. I want to go to Farr West again.

P.S.
I love Taylor Swifts new song "Ours".

The Busy Browns said...

johnny depp in pirates?

Maranda Whittle said...

I have no idea what the quote is from, so sorry.

That was such a fun trip! Let's go back in time and do it again? I don't know if I ever told you, but I took like 5 airheads if you noticed any were missing! I'm awesome!

Alex & Malisa said...

Keta, move to Utah. Please? Ps, I love Taylor's new song too. Yes yes.

Serena, you win!!

Randa, What the heck?! lol. I DIDN'T notice, you punk rocker, but thanks for being honest. Those were for my primary children and they now hate you?