Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gettin' Down N Dirty!!

This past weekend Alex and I did the Rockwell Mud O Cross in Woods Cross.  It was my very first 5k ever and holy cow was it difficult!  The proceeds went to JDRF so it was way cool.  Our team was basically a group of 5 and a group of 10 of Alex's co-workers.  A lady he works with has a daughter with diabetes so she was our team mascot and she made our shirts as well.  TEAM PAYTON! =)

Anywho, the first 2 miles was just a normal run but the last mile was where the mud came in.  A flaming awesome mud obstacle course. It was sooo much fun, but soooo hard at the same time.  I thought I was gonna die.  Alex was in the team of 5 and his team was the fastest of all the groups.  Yeah, he left me in the dust but ended up getting a trophy for it.  But halfway through the mud part (after he'd crossed the finish line) he came back to rescue me and help me finish.  It was perfect timing too because I don't think I could have made the climb up the giant mud hill/slide without him pushing my butt up it.  Literally.    

Here's some before pictures...


The classic 'Alex can't keep his eyes open' shot.  =)


These are all pictures of me being nervous out of my mind wondering what the heck I signed myself up for. 


We both had long sleeve shirts on underneath our humongous shirts that Payton made because we thought we'd be cold.  2 minutes after this photo was taken, the 65 degree weather in the sun was too hot for us so we went back to the car and took them off. lol


Alex and his co-workers.


And cue the mud...

Not many 'action' shots really cuz it was hard for onlookers to get real close.  BUT the whole race will be on tv next Sunday.  We're gonna be famous!!  The pros at the race also took pics that should be online soon for us to see as well.  



Us being dirty ;).  
Ps, the port o potties totally completed this photo, dont ya think?  lol


Mud in my baby's hair


Soooo relieved be to going home.


I forgot to take off my toe ring?


Us =).  We made it  =).  Our only battle wounds were a tiny pebble that got lodged into the bottom of my foot during the race, and Alex got a slight sunburn on his face and neck.

So that's it.  My first 5k.  Alex's 958th 5k.  I was super excited to get my first running shirt in the little grab bags we got.  (Idk what they're really called.)  Pretty proud of myself.  We'll be doing it again in September for sure  =).  Wanna join?


6 comments:

Marquita said...

Looks like fun. I would totally come up for the race in September, but I'll be 14 months pregnant by then. LOL

Marquita said...

What the heck? Did you take your music off? I'm mad a little.

Alex & Malisa said...

Yeah... I got tired of it? And 14 months? You're somewhat special.

Wendi and Matt said...

Good job!!!!

Maranda Whittle said...

I hate running,but that would be kinda fun to run with you. Although I probably wouldn't finish cuz I would be laughing the whole time! And since we're coming up this week (woohoo) we definetly can't come up in September! GET TO TRAINING AND COME IN 1ST!

Shandi and James said...

Um... How the heck do you looks SO cute before and AFTER the run? Seriously... You're hot. I'm glad we're friends :)