As some of you might know, Alex and I teach the CTR 6 class at church. We rotate Sundays for lessons and this week was my week to teach. Today's lesson was on Temples and Eternal Families.
It's so crazy to me sometimes how much these little kids know at such a young age. They just soak up everything. It was so cool to see their little faces light up while talking about the different temples and how much they knew about them already. One little boy asked us what temple we got married in and I told him, "We got married in the Mesa Arizona temple." After everyone's initial shock (I think that was due to it being waaay in AZ and not UT. lol) he perked up and said, "I wanna get married in THAT temple!" Haha. It made me smile.
But after reading through the lesson this morning (yes I'm a procrastinator) and teaching it I realized that even though the lessons are very simple and definitely for 6 and 7 year olds, that even me as an adult can learn something from it. It was such a good reminder of how blessed I am and how grateful I am for the gospel. I LOVE that Alex and I were sealed in the temple for ETERNITY and not just "till death do us part". We are not perfect by any means, but we're learning and growing more and more every day. I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that I'll have my Alex, and our future children, for eternity. Through good and bad. Through easy and tough times. Through all our strengths and weaknesses. We’ll always have each other.

4 comments:
Amen! =)
Why on Earth didn't I know you taught CTR 6. That's what we teach (Dylan is in our class)and I'm pretty sure Keta teaches that same class too, weird! We were gone camping, so Cindy taught that lesson for us.
Why on earth didn't I know that Maranda taught CTR 6? LOL That's funny that all three of us sisters teach the same class in 3 different cities. Except... I just got released. LOL
Yeah, I didn't know Maranda did either. lol
Post a Comment