Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pregnancy

Here are some things that describe my life lately...

* I've never had to pee in the middle of the night ever in my life.  Now it's like a nightly ritual.  Sometimes I even try to talk myself out of it and go back to sleep, but it doesn't work.  Ever.

* Mac & Cheese always sounds good.  I'll never turn it down.  Crap... now I want some.

* I'm pretty sure I can't listen to any slow song without getting slightly emotional. Especially Brad Paisley.  That man pulls at every heart string I have.  And it's enough to make me have to quit singing along because I'm crying and can't catch my breath.  It's ridic.

* I've never burped so much in my entire life as I have in the last 6 weeks.  It's gross.  And so unladylike.  Sorry Alex.

* Sometimes I like to wear maternity garments in front of Alex while singing, "I'm sexy and I know it."  Cuz it's sexy.... and I know it.

* I have to eat about 16 meals a day.  Ok, not really, but it feels like it.  I get hungry like every 1 1/2.  It's somewhat annoying, but it's all for a good cause.

* Alex and I both call the baby "she".  I'm not sure if it's the "motherly intuition" that people speak of having or if it's just me wanting a girl so bad that I just pretend that I know it is one.  Either way... SHE's gonna be the cutest little girl ever.

* I've never been so grateful for the weekends in my life.  But they are now my heaven.  I LOVE sleeping in and not having to work.  Walking around the house looking like crap and watching 48 Hours all day is bliss.

* I haven't thrown up this entire pregnancy, but smells make me gag about 20 times a day.  Especially food smells after just eating.  Even if it's what I just ate, if I'm full and look at it again or smell it I have to leave the room.  Even if it was flaming delicious.  I also have a bottle of perfume that I can't wear anymore.  I'll probably end up giving it to the sister I see next which is Keta.  Sorry Randa.  But in all fairness,  Keta gave me a bottle of perfume from when she was pregnant, so I'm just returning the favor.

* Alex has been amazing.  He's doing alllll the research and making sure I'm keeping the baby and myself healthy.  He tells me what I need to be doing and what I need to be staying away from.  He's spoiling me with french fries when I need them, and Blizzards from Dairy Queen, and foot rubs when I ask for them. He tells me all the time, "You're not fat, you're beautiful." (Cuz he read in a book that he's suppose to tell me that. lol).  I absolutely love it. I have the best man ever.

=)

4 comments:

Maranda Whittle said...

Yes, you will see Keta 1st, but she will probably not want the perfume because she doesn't like perfume that much, so yay I get it!
I haven't been pregnant for 19 months and I just smelled something that I smelled when I was pregnant and it made me gag. It's never gonna go away!
I'm glad Alex is taking care of you!

Liz said...

Just wait til you have to pee 2 or sometimes even 3 times in the night. Just give in and pee when you wake up--there's no point in stalling.

Kori said...

Congrats on being pregnant!!! So fun!

Marquita said...

When I was prego with Pippy, I peed about 4 times a night. I'm not lying. It sucks, but what can you do? Pee the bed? I wouldn't recommend it. LOL

And I got the perfume, so there, Maranda! In fact, I'm wearing it right now. I miss Utah already. I wanna go back.

And "I'm sexy and I know it" I gagged just reading that! LOL

The End