Sometimes when I get bored I like to look at pictures of when me and Alex were still dating. They make me giggle. Remembering all the times I use to get "butterflies" being around him. Our first time holding hands in church.... our first walk around the neighborhood together holding hands... when we first said "I love you"... introducing him to people as my boyfriend, and then as my fiancée... getting butterflies from staring at pictures of him on my desk at work.
I always laugh thinking back at the the time when we were at Oreganos just a couple days after we started dating and we were gonna share a pizza. So I asked him, "do you like green olives?" and he said, "yeah, sure!" So thats what we ordered. I was THRILLED that I found a guy who liked green olives! A couple months later, probably after we were engaged, I found that he HATES green olives. Despises them. The smell of them, the look of them, color of them. Everything. Poor guy probably wanted to throw up that night. lol. Now he'd be like, "Green olives on MY pizza. Yeah right woman. You wish." lol. Jk, he might be a little nicer than that (probably not tho Ü). Everything is different after marriage.
And I wouldn't change it for the world. It's a good different.
"Dating love" is great. Obviously. It's pretty much what you need to get married. lol. Those butterflies are what keep ya goin' Ü. But I swear after walking out of the temple it was like a whole new world. Life just completely changed. It took on a whole new meaning. It wasn't just about me anymore... I had an eternal companion. From then on it would be US. Anything I'd go through, WE'd go through. We're big kids now! I'll never forget the feeling in the pit of my stomach the first night Alex and I spent the night in our apartment. It was sooo weird going to bed knowing we didn't have parents in the next room. No parents to check the doors for us at night. No parents to cook us dinner. No parents to grab a bat to protect us if someone broke in. It was just us. US. It was almost a scary feeling, but also one of the best. It meant we had each other. No matter what happens in the world, we'd have each other. I slept soundly that night knowing that. Ü
When the heck did I grow up?! I swear just yesterday I was in elementary school play Spice Girls with my friends at recess. It's crazy! And somewhat scary. But since I HAVE to grow up, there's nobody I'd rather do it with than Alex. Sometime I look at him when he isn't looking and think, "He picked ME. Out of all the Utah hotties he could have dated when he got home, he only wanted this crazy Arizona girl.
Although we have to grow up and eventually get old, loving him never gets old. Just last night I looked at him as we were getting in bed and said, "We get to sleep in the same bed together, cuz we're married!" Lol. Can you tell it still amazes me that I'm old enough to be married. lol. But dang I love him. We're going through so much together right now. And I've learned so much in the last 1yr and a half or so of being married. I don't just love Alex, but I LOVE him. Sooooo deeply. Soooo much. More and more each day. I know that's completely cheesy but it's oh so true. Brad Paisley says it so perfectly in our wedding song:
"Now you're my whole life,
Now you're my whole world,
I just cant believe the way I feel about you girl,
Like a river meets the sea, stronger than its ever been,
We've come so far since that day,
And I thought I loved you then"
Now you're my whole world,
I just cant believe the way I feel about you girl,
Like a river meets the sea, stronger than its ever been,
We've come so far since that day,
And I thought I loved you then"
Well I guess that's all of my blabbing for one night. Enjoy the silly pictures of us and our "dating love". Ü
Ps, PLEEEASE don't think I'm putting you down if you are not married. I'm totally not saying that. I'm not above anyone at all. =)
2 comments:
Why am I always the 1st to comment...Oh I know...cuz I have no life like YOU!!!
I don't think you're in love with Alex, I'm pretty worried!! I don't think I have ever felt that way about Curtis, haha! I guess cuz I've known him my whole life. Alex is a lucky guy!! That makes me laugh about the olives! I can totally hear him saying now... "ew, you're a discusting human being for liking green olives, you freaken sick pig!"
haha you two are so cute! And he ate green olives for you. Tender!
Post a Comment