Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love at first sight. Or second.

How many of you can recall the VERY FIRST time you laid eyes on your husband?

I can. Malisa Nishijima Apr 25, 2007 at 12:34 PM


My family has a private family website where we can post pictures, news, dates, recipes, etc. For those of you who know our story , you know it all started with a picture. To be more specific, this picture:


Doesn't he look so cute and elder-ish?! lol. My very first comment on the picture was:

ya, i just decided that i want the elder on the right! haha... i win! Jun 6, 2007

How funny is that?! It's crazy to think that almost exactly 2 years later, we'd be getting married. Ps, I have no idea why I first saw this picture in April but didn't comment on it till June. I'm thinking I may have had a bf in April, so I wasn't interested? Idk. That's not important though. =)

Here's the rest of the conversation on the family website. Make sure you notice the date changes in the comments. Some are months or years later. Enjoy! It certainly made me laugh. =)


Malisa Nishijima - Jun 6, 2007
ya, i just decided that i want the elder on the right! haha... i win!



Debbie - Jun 7, 2007

He just got transferred today! I have his email! I'll send your pic to him! xo



Keta - June 7, 2007


Yeah, Malisa, you can start writing him. Aunt Deb, where is he from?


Debbie - Jun 7, 2007
Utah!



Stephanie - Jun 7, 2007
He is really cute too.. Malisa I thought you had a boyfriend?



Malisa Nishijima - Jun 11, 2007
nah, negative on the boyfriend. and aunt deb are you serious??? you're gonna send my picture to him???? cuz im down with that as long as it's not an ugly one, ya know??



Debbie - Jun 11, 2007
You got it baby! Your Sr. pic ok?



Malisa Nishijima - Jun 11, 2007
the one i sent with my graduation announcements???



Debbie - Jun 11, 2007
yea



Malisa Nishijima - Jun 11, 2007
uh....okie dokie.



Debbie - Jun 11, 2007
cool and groovy!



Malisa Nishijima - Jun 11, 2007
is he white?? cuz he looks like he's got something else in him.



Debbie - Jun 11, 2007
His skin is white! Not sure what nationality he is!



Malisa Nishijima - Jun 11, 2007
fine! lol...



Keta - Jun 11, 2007
Who cares what he is. He's definitely a cutie!



Debbie - Jun 12, 2007
Really great missionary too! Very nice!



Debbie- Jun 12, 2007
Elder S. is the one that looks like Wayne and Malisa's pen pal is Elder Nishijima.



Malisa Nishijima - Jun 13, 2007
how much longer does he have left of his mission?



Debbie - Jun 13, 2007
About a year and a half! He's a newbie! I think! He just got transferred. He was so nice! So ask him when you email him.



Keta - Jul 14, 2007
Aunt Deb, is Elder Nishijima's name pronounced just like it's spelled? I was just curious.



Malisa Nishijima - Jul 14, 2007
he said thats how it's pronouced.



Debbie - Jul 15, 2007
Yeppers!



Debbie - Jan 25, 2009
This is the pic that got it all started!!!!!!!!!!!! You can thank me after the Wedding! xo



Malisa Nishijima - Jan 25, 2009
haha.. or i can thank u now???



Debbie - Jan 25, 2009
Sure



Malisa Nishijima - Jan 26, 2009
THANK YOU!!! =)



Debbie - Jan 28, 2009
xoxo



Malisa Nishijima - Jun 18, 2009
haha... hey, i'm gonna marry this guy in less than a month now. 23 days =)




Maranda - Jun 18, 2009
Haha, you win!! Yay!!

This is funny too, hahahaha!
"is he white?? cuz he looks like he's got something else in him."



Keta - Jun 18, 2009
Ha Ha! That makes me laugh too! And if you remember... I pushed you to start writing him.



Debbie - Jun 18, 2009
And i put this pic on here! Yea me!



Maranda- Jun 18, 2009

I know, not a lot of people can say they know the very 1st time, they saw their husband! You should keep this picture forver and put it somewhere safe!
________________________________________________________________________________


Just a last ps, this is the picture Aunt Deb sent to him. The first picture he ever saw of me. Special!!



Sorry this blog has been allll about Alex and me. But that's pretty much all my life is right now. No job, no school, no kids. Just us. Ü

6 comments:

Liz said...

I do remember the first time I saw my husband. We went on a snow trip with a group and we both remember some funny things that happened. :)

Anonymous said...

That's so cool!

I remember the first time I saw my hubby too. Oct 27th 2007. We went on our first date 3 days later.

Marquita said...

Oh, yes, I remember the first time I laid eyes on my man. It was over 11 years ago. And the moment I saw him, I told myself, "I'm going to marry him!" And he wasn't even my date. He was my roommate's date and I had to figure out how to make him my date. So, my roommate and I just switched dates. Yeah, that's how I roll.

Now, 11 years later and almost 5 kids... just kidding...4 kids later, we're as happy as ever!

Wait... was this post supposed to be about you and Alex or Kirk and me? COL

Love you, Sister!!! Miss you too!!!

Alex & Malisa said...

Haha! I like reading these comments. I DID ask how many of you could recall the first time. It's awesome! =). Love and miss you too Keta!

Shawn and Tasha said...

First time I saw Shawn was November 1998- I was standing front row at a wedding reception watching him and his friends singing "For the Longest Time." Met him for the first time just over a year later. The rest is history...:)

LOVE this! You two are adorable!!!

W said...

i love this!!